Marcus's group - Reciprocity + society
Kenneth's group - Reciprocity + religion
Kunfeng's group - Reciprocity + Feel good
Ka Chih's group - Hamilton's rule + karma
Zi Xiang's Group - Hamilton's rule + Benefits
I've rethought it and would like to give you the weekend to work with. We will be doing an oral presentation next Monday - it is not graded, but will be the only proper practice you'll get prior to your graded one in Term 3, so take the chance to receive some feedback on it!

I am asking you to form 5 groups of 6 - this should consist of the local students' social advocacy groups, plus 1-2 of the scholars (depending on the initial group size).
You will then be asked to orally present two points (just 5 minutes - no need long essays!) The overall thesis statement should tackle the question, "should we do good?"
1) Give your opinion on either Hamilton's Rule, or the idea of Reciprocity, as suggested in the article.
2) Alternative opinion - One other reason to do good. Alternatively, one reason we should not bother doing good. This could come from any of the reasons discussed today, or any other ideas you might have regarding the matter.
The structure of an oral presentation can be done pretty similarly to what we have covered earlier with commentaries - Start and end with a bang, if possible. There will be some time given to discuss this oral presentation on Friday.
So, just email me your discussion groupings as well as your preferred topics (for parts 1 & 2) before class this Friday. I prefer that the topics be spread evenly, so they will be allocated on a first come, first served (link for mini-grammar-lesson) basis. I will update the confirmed groupings on this post as I receive your emails.
No comments:
Post a Comment